Wednesday, August 31, 2011

hApPy BiRtHdAy tO My HoNeY!

My how things can change in one year.  Today is Ricky's 27th Birthday! This time last year I was sending him football cookies, going out to dinner with his parents, and buying football tickets.  Check out that post, Ricky's 26th Bday.  

This year we are on different continents, major different time zones, no football cookies (although I did send him chocolate chip cookies and he got those 2 weeks ago), no dinner with family, and no football tickets (for his birthday at least).  I'm a major birthday fan, I love to celebrate and make a big deal out of it, so it's really hard for me to not be able to control any of the celebrations.  I can't even control if I can talk to him to tell him Happy Birthday.  So, needlesstosay, I'm struggling today.  I want to be with him, to help him have an amazing day.  But I can't.  

Since he has no use for most things you could get on your birthday, I packed him up a huge box of candy and fun, silly stuff.  He still hasn't gotten it yet, even though I sent it a month ago.  So I'm sad he doesn't even have his presents on his birthday.  

I'll post pics of all the fun stuff in the care package once he gets it, I don't want to ruin the surprise for him :)  But here's a sneak peek. Ok ok, it's not really a sneak peek.  Just some boxes filled with fun!!! So stay tuned because I'll do a whole post of all the fun-ness.  I also told him he has to take pics with/or using some of the items in the box :) 


2 comments:

  1. I really hope you get to talk to him today and that he receives his gifts very soon. Happy birthday to him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love birthdays, too! I hope you get to celebrate the next one together! (-: Also, I'm noticing your weight loss ticker move! Awesome! Keep up the good work! WOO!!

    ~K

    ReplyDelete