Sunday, August 14, 2011

Design Inspirations



For those readers out there that don't know, I have my own little side business or more of a hobby.  About 5 years ago, while shopping in a craft shop in Stillwater, I saw a picture of this painted cross that was for sell for like $80!!! I decided that I could totally make that myself.  So I went to a shop in town that cuts out wood and had them make me a bunch of cutouts.  I just started making them for my friends.  And then once I got out of college, I started making them to sell.  I tried out a craft show, but didn't have much luck.  So I put my painting on the back burner.

So, when this deployment came around, I decided to pick it back up, it would at least keep my busy and keep my mind off of things.  And I would figure out what to do with them at a later time.  Then a friend suggested I start making them to sell for a scholarship that is newly set up for a sorority sister that recently passed.  I thought this was an excellent idea!  So I got in touch with some people and just started painting.


Yesterday I went to Stillwater to sell some of what I've made for the scholarship.  I set up my little booth in the corner of the TV room and had some really good success!
They also sell wristbands for the scholarship
My little corner booth

I have recently updated my little Facebook page with new pics.  So if you would like to place an order or buy one of the ones I have for sale, feel free to contact me.  You can comment me on here, facebook me, or email me.  They are $30 and half of the proceeds go toward the scholarship.

1 comment:

  1. Your crosses are beautiful, and this sounds like such a great cause! Way to go for doing something you enjoy and helping others at the same time.

    ReplyDelete