Sunday, August 7, 2011

Wedding Dress Shopping!

Yesterday I tried on my first ever wedding dress!! I was originally planning on waiting until September/October to do my first shopping, but I received an email that a dress shop in Norman was having a trunk show of a designer I really liked.  Meaning, they carried a wider variety of styles than normal.  So I really wanted to check it out. So I booked an appointment for 10:00.  My mom couldn't make it, so my 2 good friends Meredith and Betty came along to give their opinion.

When we watched into this place I was so excited! I showed the girl some printouts I had of some of my favorite dresses and then went through the racks and pulled a couple more.  We went to the dressing room and I was all ready to put my first dress on.  I stepped out of the room and looked in the mirror and was already in love.  This was a dress that I had had in mind for quite awhile and was so glad it looked good on me.  So after trying on about 3-4 more, I went back to the first one and was hooked.  I love it.  It was flowy, light, was figure flattering, and just beautiful.  I stayed in it for probably 15-20 extra minutes before taking it off.  That had to be a really good sign right?  So I was hooked.  If I had been by myself, I might have bought that dress right then and there.  Luckily, I had some friends that encouraged me to try on more dresses just to see what else was out there.  So I left there empty handed, although I still really love that dress!

So we left there in search of more bridal stores to check out dresses.  But I didn't have any appointments, so while I drove, Meredith started calling some stores.  I managed to get in one store in Edmond at 2:30 and still had about 3 hours to kill so we stopped at a store on the way and just walked in.  Thankfully, they were very slow that day and let us come on in and pick out some dresses to try on.  I bet I tried on about 8 dresses in there.  But I found another one that I loved even more.  And so far it's my front runner in the dress shopping.

After eating a quick bite at this fantastic place called Cool Greens, we headed to my appointment at 2:30.  I tried on about 4 more, but I wasn't very impressed with any of them.

I didn't end up buying a dress because I really want to go shopping with my mom.  So we are already in the works to plan a trip to a Bridal store in Arkansas called Lowe's.  I really can't wait!  I really really wish I could share with you some pictures from today but I can't because my wonderful fiance reads this blog sometimes :) And I of course can't have him seeing what my potential dress might look like.

300 Days from today! It can't come quick enough :)

3 comments:

  1. How fun and exciting! I never tried on wedding dresses bc of my weight. It is one of the things I want to do after I lose weight. Next year is my 5 year anniversary and want to go wedding dress shopping but just for fun! :) may be silly but oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish we could see pics but definitely don't want the fiancé to see them! You will be a beautiful bride.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should totally do it just for fun! I posted one of the pics on Pinterest if you have an account on there.

    ReplyDelete