Monday, May 7, 2012

In memory of Rhonda Jo Manning

On April 27th, 2012 my beautiful sister, Rhonda Jo Manning, left this world to be with our Savior.  


I think I am still in shock.  I feel like it's not real.  Like she's just gone on a trip and will be back soon.  I'm numb, I hurt, I'm sad, I don't understand.  

My sister and I were 12 years apart.  And our personalities were as different as night and day.  But irregardless, she was my big sister and always will be.  

Last week was probably the toughest week of my life, much worse than my worst day during the year long deployment.  I got the call Friday morning at work, Ricky was in Chicago, my amazing friend Kara came and stayed with me until I could figure out what to do.  My mother-in-law drove me to Edmond to be with my parents.  Over the course of the next few days I had to pick out flowers for her casket, pick out her clothes, pick up her bridesmaid dress she was supposed to wear in my wedding, and find photos for the slideshow. Why did I? So my mom wouldn't have to.  And they were all tough, especially picking up the dress.  

Rhonda Jo, you are dearly missed by SO many people.  You have touched so many lives with your huge smile and constant happy nature.  I'm not handling it well knowing you won't be there to help me celebrate my marriage.  I know how excited you were to see your baby sister get married.  But I know you will be watching from up there and grinning that huge smile.  I love you big sister and miss you like crazy.  
My sister carrying me around




2 comments:

  1. That's a beautiful tribute. I just love the picture of her carrying you. I know her memory will carry you through as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. /Jessic, I just today found out that RJ had passed away. I worked with RJ at Mercy for several years. RJ was a delight to work with; she wa always happy and laughing. She was a great nurse and ward clerk before she finished nursing school. I ran into her at the Gutherie Walmart a few days before Christmas. She was thrilled with her job at Chesapake and thinking about working part-time at Mercy again, She had Jake with her and he is such a handsome young man; RJ was one proud Mom. I am sure there is a huge hole in your family. I pray that you find peace and comfort in these terribly difficult days. Beth Mercy X-ray

    ReplyDelete