Sunday, August 14, 2011

Ten Minute Taco Salad

Taco salad is one of my go-to meals when I'm short on time and want something to give me leftovers for a few days.  So I was thrilled when I found this recipe on how to make my own taco shell.

Ingredients:

  • 2 cups shredded lettuce
  • 1 lb ground beef/ground turkey, fully cooked
  • 1/4 cup taco sauce 
  • 1/4 cup canned corn
  • 1/4 cup salsa
  • 1 tbs light ranch (or sour cream)
  • 1 low carb wrap (such as La Tortilla brand, or something with 100 calories/high in fiber)
  • Optional: 1/4 cup low fat shredded cheese, 1/4 cup black beans

Method:

1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Gather ingredients.
2.  After removing the corn from the can, (I measure out 1/4 cup for my salad, and save the rest in a tupperware), remove the paper from the can, and place it on a sheet pan. (You could use any empty can you have on hand, or an oven safe mug or dish that you can drape the wrap over).  Drape the wrap over the can, and place in the oven for 8-10 minutes, or until the tortilla is golden brown, and crispy.

3. While the tortilla is baking, add the taco sauce to the meat, and stir until well combined.
4. Measure out, and prepare the rest of the ingredients to put in the salad.
5. When the tortilla is cooled, take it off the can, (it only takes about a minute), and add the lettuce first, followed by the rest of the ingredients.


Serve immediately and Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment