Sunday, July 31, 2011

Bridal Show

So today I officially felt like a bride.  I haven't done much lately wedding related except research online.  I follow several blogs and love seeing all the new and crafty ideas.  So I've been stocking up on lots of pics.  But today I attended my first bridal show as the bride.  I went to my first ever show in January.  I had just gotten back from Hawaii with Ricky and his family and my friend told me her and another friend who was getting married soon were heading to a bridal show in Tulsa.  I knew I wasn't a bride yet, but I knew someday (hoping someday soon) I would be a bride.  So I went to the show, mainly just to look around and pick up vendor information.

Anyways, sorry that was off topic.  So today me, my parents, and my MOH Meredith headed to OKC for a bridal show.  I was super excited since I can officially start planning more and "it's not too early." 10 months and 2 days!!  The show was to start at 1:00 and we show up about 12:45 to see a HUGE line of mostly women standing outside the hotel.  That should have been my first clue.  By the time we get inside (about 1:20) I already knew we were in for a very crazy afternoon.  First off, the hotel it was at didn't have their vendors in a huge ballroom in order to accommodate the hundreds and hundreds of people, they had some small meeting rooms and you jig-jagged all through the rooms and all the people.  And there were so many people that you couldn't even talk to the vendors, so basically I just walked around and signed up for free stuff and picked up their information.

But, on the plus side, I did get some good information on a couple vendors, but most of them were in OKC and I would just prefer to use Tulsa ones.  But here are some pics of the day of things I liked.
The color didn't come through at all, but these are two grey suites and the one on the right has a yellow vest and tie :)
I love love love these chair covers!!! I think I might croak if I find out how much they are but aren't they beautiful!
Thought these were interesting centerpieces
And of course we had to test out the Photobooth.  I love this one! Who doesn't want to use fun props!
So all in all, not a terrible day.  It did start out with a wonderful phone call from the fiance after a week of no communication :)  There is another bridal show here in Tulsa next Sunday that I am going to also.  Lets hope it will be better!  I also think I'm doing my first dress shopping this Saturday.  I was planning on waiting a little more, but a bridal shop is having a trunk show of one of the designers I really like so I'm going to hopefully check it out.  More to come on that later :)

1 comment:

  1. glad you had fun at your first bridal show! they definitely are crazy but fun!

    ReplyDelete