Monday, July 11, 2011

R&R

I have some excellent news everyone!  Ricky found out yesterday his R&R dates!  For those that don't know, R&R stands for rest and recovery.  And Ricky's group gets to have it during this deployment.  His R&R will be 15 full days, that does NOT include travel time.  It starts the day after he gets punched into the states.  For security reasons I can't just put the dates on here, but it is this fall sometime.  And I am super pumped!  Here is an updated DOM (if you don't remember what a DOM is read about it HERE.)

We already have several things we want to do in the 15 days, some wedding stuff including a couples shower, cake tasting, and new engagement pictures.  We will probably also go to Dallas to a Cowboys game because they happen to have a home game (that is if there is an NFL season ha).  I'm so excited!

The last few days have been really good, he has been able to call everyday for the last five days.  No Skype yet, but we are working on that.  But I'll take anything I can get.  I'm starting to have a lot more good days than bad and I am so thankful for that.  When I have a bad day, it's a really bad day.  On those days you just want to curl up and lay in bed with a box of kleenex.  But I don't do that of course, because that wouldn't be healthy for my emotions.  But thankfully I haven't felt that way in about a week.  My days seem managable.

So now that I officially have Ricky's dates, I'm in full weight loss mode.  Not that I haven't been trying, I've just been struggling.  I'll have a really good week then a not so good weekend and blow it all.  So I have got to be stricter on myself.

1 comment:

  1. :) how exciting! you have something very awesome to look forward to!

    ReplyDelete