Thursday, July 7, 2011

Festive dipped strawberries

This past weekend I attempted to make chocolate covered strawberries for the first time ever.  And let me tell you, I'm not quite sure I have the patience to do that again haha.  Just be sure if you make these, you aren't on a time crunch or have somewhere to be in an hour or so.

What you need:
(I made a large batch so this is about the material I used)

  • 2 Packages White Almond Bark (microwavable)
  • 4 packages of whole strawberries
  • wooden skewers (makes the dipping much easier)
  • sprinkles (your choice)
  • wax paper
I was wanting to make them 4th of July themed so I went to the store searching for red, white, and blue sprinkles.  Of course it being the day before the holiday, they were out.  So I had to improvise.  

I bought some of these, which are molded sprinkles and crushed them up.  
So I had all of my sprinkles ready to go for quick dipping.  
I washed my strawberries.  Don't these just look delicious!  
Then I placed about 3/4 of a package of the almond bark in a microwave safe bowl and slowly melted (just follow the directions on the package very carefully so you don't burn the chocolate).  Once it was melted, place a strawberry on a skewer and simply dip it in there.  (You can add more almond bark as needed)
The i used my hands to put the sprinkles on the still warm chocolate.  Dipping it would be too clumpy and not have a very even look.  This is where your major patience comes in.  Ideally, you want the chocolate to dry so that when you sit it on the wax paper it doesn't smoosh one side.  I didn't have that kind of patience, so most of mine were smooshed on one side.  But I don't think it really mattered, it's just the perfectionist in me coming out.  Once they are completely dry (wait maybe 30 min just to be safe) they can either be immediately served or put in the fridge (like I did) for the next day.  
The final product!  I must say, I'm pretty proud of how they turned out.  And everyone said they were delicious and I even had some left over.  So try them out!

No comments:

Post a Comment