Sunday, July 10, 2011

Fun times

 This last week has been really busy wish creative things and good times with friends.  On Tuesday, I made a trip to Hobby Lobby (always dangerous for me) and got stuff to make Ricky another care package!  Once he made it to Afghanistan he called and needed lots of toiletries since their base doesn't have a store.  So since he was going to get it after 4th of July I went with a beach/summer theme :)  Next month I'll do a birthday one.
Beach!
I also bought a cheap frame and some cute scrapbook paper to make a DIY board.  I hung it by my door, it's for really anything, to-do list, encouraging words, or just fun sayings.  

Yesterday, I made a trip to Stillwater with some friends just because.  I miss this town, especially when I haven't been to it since last November.  Our main objective was to simply go to Eskimo Joes.  Yum!  

Then we walked around campus to take some pics and take a look at the construction progress at the Student Union.  
Betty in the fountain
 Then we couldn't leave Stillwater without stopping by the barn :)
Barn drink
OSU girls!
 Lastly, Ricky had called and really wanted a pillowcase with a picture on it.  I figured he would think this would be super cheesy, but he says several of the other guys have one, so I ordered him one.  And let me say, these are two huge faces on a pillowcase.  Haha, he should feel like I'm right there with him now.
Tonight, some friends are coming to my place to watch the last two Harry Potter movies, yes we are going to see the final movie at Midnight on Thursday.  So we have to catch up.  I'm also making a new recipe :)  So stay tuned for that.

4 comments:

  1. That pillow is AMAZING!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVED this post!!! Sounds like you had a great week! :) the pillow made me laugh. I've never seen one of those! :) my sis in law in afghanistan right now too. i can't imagine how tough it is for you with him so far away! your care package boxes are ADORABLE! he's probably the luckiest guy over there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks everyone! I thought the pillow case was really funny, hope he likes it!

    Thanks KC about the care packages, I just want him to have a little taste of home while he's there :)

    ReplyDelete