Thursday, September 22, 2011

Thankful Thursday - Jobs

Today I am actually thankful for my job.  Which is really funny considering I have a HUGE deadline coming up and a little stressed out about it. But like my mom says, "It's job security".

For those that don't know, I am a Landscape Architect.  And no, I am not outside working, I don't do manual labor, I do not design pretty back yards, and summer is not our "busy" season.  I sit inside my air conditioned/heated building (depending on the weather obviously) and design stuff on either paper or my computer.  I've been working here for about 3 1/2 years, since I graduated from college.  It's a really good work environment.

The company I work for does a wide variety of things.  We mainly focus on recreational design which includes parks, playgrounds, spraygrounds, ball fields, community pools, and sports complexes.  We also have done lots of land planning which includes the development of Stone Canyon in Owasso, Forest Ridge in Broken Arrow, and Berwick in South Tulsa.

Check out our website to see all the fun things we have done in the past.
Planningdesigngroup.com

Here is a small group of photos of our work.  Like I said, we design it all, then we hire out contractors to build it.  Some of this is actually work I, myself, have created in my mind.

Berwick in South Tulsa
Stone Canyon in Owasso, OK
Bentley Park in Bixby, OK

2 comments:

  1. that sounds like such a fun job!!! and i want to visit the bentley park - looks SO much fun my daughter would love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome job! The architecture in each of these photos is so creative and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete