Sunday, September 18, 2011

THE one!!!!

Once you have already found THE One man you want to spend your entire life with, what's next?? The DRESS of course!!! And that's exactly what I found yesterday!! My mom came to Tulsa as well as Megan, Meredith, and Betty, and I had set up 4 appointments in town to search for that perfect dress.

We started off the morning with our first appointment at 10:00 at Alfred Angelo and after trying on about 5 dresses, I narrowed it down to one, but still didn't get that magical feeling. So we headed off to the second store, Alyssa's Bridal, and tried on what seemed like a dozen.  I had already pretty much figured out what style I wanted and what I thought looked the best with my body style, but honestly there aren't tons of dresses out there in that style.  But I put one on that everyone else loved, but I still just didn't feel that wow factor.  It's not that I didn't like the dress, I just didn't love it.

We headed to Subway to grab a quick lunch. All that dress shopping is exhausting.  We headed to Bridal Palace for my third appointment and didn't like it the second we stepped in.  Just a word of advice for anyone wanting to shop there, make sure you have a dress budget of more than $1000 or you won't get the best service.  I'm not the type of person to send thousands on a wedding dress and I was trying to be reasonable. But they didnt' have very good customer service and needlesstosay, I walked out of there empty handed.

Since we didn't spend much time there, we had an hour to kill till the next appointment. So we decided to head on over to store #4, Abelina's Bridal, and see if they could fit me in early.  Luckily, their 3:00 appointment cancelled so they could get me right in.  I did some browsing, and they had a limited selection, but there was one style of dress I was interested in before I came in.  They had that dress and I tried on two others.  The first dress I tried on was very similar to the one I originally liked, but the second I put it on, I couldn't stop smiling.  And I walked out of the dressing room and everyone else's face lit up.  I loved everything about it.  It was exactly what I was looking for, and I had that "moment" I had been looking for.  I reluctantly took it off and tried on the other two, but they just didn't wow me.  So I put dress #1 back on and seriously didn't want to take it off.  Then my mom started crying, then I started crying.  And that was it, I wanted that dress, I wanted to take it home with me and never take it off.

I walked out of the store with a receipt, because sadly it takes 3-4 months to get one in.  But that's just another incentive to get to my goal wedding weight!!! I have 4 months!!! I'm more motivated than ever :)

Wish I could show you all pictures, but again can't have Ricky seeing it, plus I want you all to be surprised next June :)

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on finding your dress! What an exciting task to have complete!! So, I saw that you commented on my blog asking where we stayed in St. Lucia and I wanted to let you know that we stayed at Sandals Grand St. Lucian. There are 3 Sandal's resorts there and I think we stayed at the one with the best beach, for sure! Feel free to email me if you have any other questions about St. Lucia!

    ReplyDelete