Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Ricky's Birthday Care Package

I can now officially show you all what I put into Ricky's Birthday Care Package since he finally got it.  He actually got it about a week ago, I'm just a little slow on the blog update.  Well I knew from the beginning that I wanted him to have a fun care package, especially sine he wouldn't be able to be home to celebrate.  And where is my new favorite store to buy care package items?? DOLLAR TREE!!! They have large quantity packs of candy, gum, toys, snacks, etc each for $1! I can fill up a whole box for like $15-$20 instead of the $100 I put into the first box.  Anyways, on to the box :)

Here is my decorated box. Birthday candles, cupcake scrapbook paper, and fun pictures :)

These are the fun items I put into the box.  I told him he had to send me a picture wearing the glasses and he already had palns for the silly string haha

Here is all the candy!  A lot of fun stuff that I don't typically send but hopefully he likes :)

Megan wanted to contribute to the box so she brought over this stuff to put in it. 

I really wanted to make cookies and test them out.  So I made them flat in a pan and cut them up into squares and placed them in a ziplock with a piece of bread (to help them from drying out).  He said they were pretty good.  So I call it a success for my first time sending cookies overseas.

Final boxes about to be sent out! 

I was bummed we couldn't celebrate his birthday together.  But I know we'll have LOTS of them to celebrate in the years to come!  

1 comment:

  1. Looks like an awesome care package! I love the way you decorated it!

    ReplyDelete