Thursday, June 2, 2011

Memorial Day 2011

This past weekend I decided to make a trip to the big 'ole town of Hobart, Oklahoma.  For those of you that don't already know, my parents moved to this tiny town about 2 years ago when my dad got a new job.  It's a quaint little town.  All the people are really friendly, and everybody knows everybody.  Much more so than in Kingfisher (where I grew up).

Well Memorial Day is a huge deal in Hobart.  They have a big celebration called "Celebration of Freedom".  For an extended list of activities you can click RIGHT HERE.  But a few highlights are the craft vendors, food booths, parade, fundraisers, concert, and dances.  Since my parents are those super active people, they were helping with several aspects of the weekend and since I was in town, guess who got to help....this girl right here. But it was fun, I helped my mom sell t-shirts two different times, relaxed while my dad sold dippin-dots, bought some new jewelry at the craft fair, and got a little sun.

Overall, it was a nice and relaxing weekend.  Sometimes you just need to get away.  Here are some amazing pictures from the weekend.

Back to the future car!
What's a parade without a mini horse attached to a buggy!
Got a little emotional seeing this.  Love a man in uniform :)
Aaron Tippin concert
Also, If you are reading this blog post on June 2, you will notice at the top of my page it says 1 YEAR UNTIL THE WEDDING!  Yep, we have hit the one year mark, I suppose that means I'm on the downhill slope.  Can't wait!!

Also 8 days till I get to go see Ricky!

2 comments:

  1. okay so one of my best college friends is from Hobart. I have been there a few times. (-:

    ~kathryn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really? That's so crazy! It's such a small town haha

    ReplyDelete