Thursday, May 26, 2011

Update on Life, Love, and Wedding

It's been SO long since I just posted about how everything is going!  So I thought I would catch everybody up.  I can't remember that last post like this I made, so bare with me if I've repeated something.

As far as wedding updates go, we have officially booked the venue, photographer, minister, and DJ.  I still have TONS of ideas for DIY (do-it-yourself) projects, but that is a little ways down the road.  I have found several websites and blogs with wonderful ideas for DIY wedding ideas.  I can't wait to get started.

I started kickboxing a month ago.  I bought a Living Social deal with a nice discount to try it out and I LOVE it! It's such a great workout and for any of you other readers out there who are dealing with deployment or long distance relationship, I have discovered it's a great way to take out all your aggression.  I am for sure going to have to keep it up for the next year.  I haven't lost too much weight with it yet, but I have lost inches, my pants are fitting a lot better!

I attended one of my friends' weddings last Saturday.  I LOVE weddings!  They are such a great celebration of the couple and their new lives together.

As far as deployment goes, I'm hanging in there.  Some days are just better than others.  This week has been tough because he has been on a mission since Monday morning with no cell phone.  So no calls, no texts.  I guess this is supposed to semi-prepare me for what's to come in the next 10 months.  But no matter how much "training" I have in that area, I will never get used to it, or prepared for it.  BUT, the good news is I get to see him in 15 days! Yes 15 days!! That's two weeks and one day!  We are spending 4 wonderful days in Biloxi, Mississippi.  The only thing on the agenda is to register.  We are going to get the registry started that way if we decide to have a Wedding Shower while he's home on his R&R (date unknown) we'll have things on our registry for people to get.  It has been so important to me for him to be as involved in the wedding as possible.  Even if that means doing some things "unconventional".  So I have done lots of planning when there is over a year until the wedding, or we might have a shower 9 months before the wedding.  We arent' going to have a "normal" engagement.  I'm just trying to get things done when he's accessible.

I'm headed to my parents for Memorial Weekend.  I haven't been down there since Christmas, so I think it's due.  Plus my mom and I have wedding plans to talk about :)

Anyways, enough of me blabbing.....

No comments:

Post a Comment