Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Love at first sight

Warning....this will be a sappy post.  So if you don't like to read those kinds of things, stop reading now.  :)

Today is Ricky and I's 1 year anniversary.  Exactly one year ago today I met him for the very first time.  For those of you who don't know, we met on an online dating site.  We chatted for awhile on the phone and finally decided to meet up.  So we went on our first date to Melting Pot (pretty fancy huh?!).  I remember the waitress ask us what we were celebrating and we replied with we were just on a date.  And she said "how long have you been dating?" And we were (well I was) embarrassed to say it was our first date.  HA! So it would be fun to go back (I'm trying to get Ricky to take me there again on his 4 day pass) and see if that same waitress is there.  It was instant chemistry and I just couldn't get enough of him :)  Over the last year we have done so many amazing things together.  Just to name a few of the highlights:

1.  Branson
2.  Bedlam football (and even sat by each other at the game)
3.  Hawaii
4.  Thunder game
5.  Dallas trip complete with Cowboys game
6.  OSU Homecoming (ask him, he'll say he enjoyed Walkarounds) haha

When we first started dating we kept talking about all these things we wanted to do together.  So we decided to make a list which is still currently on my phone.  We haven't complete all of the items but we will get to them eventually :)

I could list the many reasons why I love this man, but no one really wants to read those, so I'll spare all the details.  Lets just say it would take me awhile to complete it.  But I will say that I am one lucky woman.  I am so happy that I was able to find a genuine gentleman that still opens the door for me and always tells me how much he loves me.  So Happy Anniversary Ricky!  Sadly we won't be together for the actual day since he is at training nor will be probably be next year either since he will still be deployed haha.  Maybe someday we will get to celebrate on the actual day :)  But no worries, he has promised to go above and beyond on his pass in a couple weeks :)

1 comment:

  1. i like the idea of a list. very cute. glad you found a keeper! :) happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete