Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Creamy Chicken and Broccoli Pasta

Two recipes in one week!  I'm crazy I tell ya!  But to start off with I was STARVING while cooking so for a snack I had some of these Special K Cracker Chips.  They taste a lot like PopChips, but really aren't quite as good.  Popchips just have more of a crunch whereas these are more like a cracker.  Although I will definitely be finishing this box :)  Not tonight of course.

Tonight I made this AMAZING dish that for some reason I feel guilty for eating even though it was fairly decent for you.

What you need:

  • 1 tsp. oil
  • 1/2 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into bite-sized pieces
  • 1 clove garlic (I used garlic salt)
  • 2 cups broccoli florets
  • 1/2 tub Philadelphia Original Cooking Creme
  • 1 cup pasta (your choice)
  • 1 Tbsp. Grated Parmesan Cheese

Directions:
1.  Heat oil in large skillet on medium heat.
2.  Add chicken, garlic, and vegetables; cook and stir 7 to 8 minutes or until chicken is done and vegetables are crisp-tender
3. Add cooking creme; cook 2-3 more min or until heated through, stir frequently
4.  Stir in pasta. Sprinkle with Parmesan.

Like I mentioned before, this dish was excellent!  I used spaghetti noodles simply because I had cooked them the night before and wanted to use them up.  I also put too many noodles in it, but didn't realize this until I had looked back at the recipe.  But oh well.  This tasted like fettuccine alfredo, really it did....I think that's why I feel guilty for eating it because my brain processed alfredo = bad for you!  But this is a lightened version and there are lots of variations you can use.

Variations:
  • Add as many different vegetables as you want and as many as you want
  • Use whole wheat pasta (much healthier for you than regular pasta)
  • Use shrimp instead of chicken
So I hope you all try this, it really is phenomenal!  I would love to hear your variations or what you thought in general.  

No comments:

Post a Comment