Friday, March 11, 2011

Another week down

Another week down until Ricky comes back home!!!  I have had a really busy week and am looking forward to Sunday when I can just sit on my couch and do nothing haha.  But before that can happen I am having a fabulous fun weekend with my girls AGAIN!

Before we get to my weekend plans, let me tell you about this amazing surprise I got this week!  Ricky called me about 3:00 Wednesday afternoon and said "I have good news." And I quickly responded, "Your deployment has been cancelled and you get to come home?!" He said, "No, but they are opening up the base and you can come down here tonight if you would like."  Well of course I wasn't going to say no to that.  So the second 5:00 hit the clock on my computer I was out of that office, didn't even go home, stopped to get gas and was on my way to Camp Gruber.  It's not too far down there, a little over an hour.  But with Tulsa 5:00 traffic and stopping in Muskogee to pick us up some dinner from Arby's I didn't get there till about 6:30.  Being on a military was strange, I've never been on one so I was just reflecting to any military type of movie I've seen and it was surreal to see some of this in real life. The hundreds of soldiers, military vehicles, barracks, and guns....lots of guns.  But I got to see where he was staying (only for another day) and witness what Camp Gruber was all about.  I only got to stay a couple of hours but it was just enough to get my fill with him.  They are headed to Mississippi today to do more training but are still scheduled to come back to Oklahoma March 24th....only 12 days left!

Now onto this weekend.  My good friend Betty finally got to move into her house (remember we went to help her paint a couple of months ago).  So we are headed to Guthrie for another girls weekend!  Who knows what kind of shenanigans we will get into :)

It's almost halfway though the month so I thought I would do a check-up on my goals, and honestly most of them aren't going quite as planned.  I was going to try a new recipe Wednesday and post it on here, but well I got to go see Ricky instead and didn't have another evening to try it.  So I'll have to do two recipes next week.  Weight loss is going good though, that's the only plus.  LEED studying hasn't even started yet...just can't get motivated.  And Project 365 is going great!  It's so fun to put a picture a day up.  It's fun to look back on what I have been doing since Ricky left.  I'll give a full update on my goals at the end of the month.

Hope you all have a fabulous weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment