Monday, March 14, 2011

Cilantro Lime Shrimp

I know you have all been waiting in anticipation for my first recipe!  And here it is!!  Tonight I tried Cilantro Lime Shrimp that I found online.

I cut the original recipe in half and it still made a ton of food!  Ok, so bear with  me.  I am definitely not a professional cook and really don't even know some of the basics to cooking.  So I am hoping to learn as I go, and any advice would be awesome!

What you will need:

  • 1 tsp olive oil
  • 1 lb. shrimp, shelled and deveined (I used pre cooked frozed)
  • 3 cloves crushed garlic
  • 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
  • 1/2 lime
  • salt and pepper to taste
I chose to serve this over brown rice with a side of steamed broccoli
1.  Heat a large frying pan on medium-high heat
2.  Add oil to the pan and when it's hot add the shrimp ( I didn't thaw my shrimp very well so I had to drain the excess water out first)
3.  When the shrimp is cooked on one side, turn over and add garlic (again I messed this up and should have chopped up the garlic, instead I just let the flavor soak into the shrimp and took it out)
4.  Saute another minute or two until the shrimp is cooked, be careful not to overcook..  
5.  Remove from heat and squeez lime all over shrimp and toss with cilantro.

I cooked the brown rice and broccoli separate and then put them all on a plate together.  

Overall, I thought it was pretty good.  The shrimp had good flavor with the lime and garlic and paired with the brown rice was super filling.  Over all this meal was 8 points plus (only half of the shrimp recipe) if you follow the Weight Watchers system! It only took maybe a total time of 20 minutes for the entire meal.  Plus I have 1/2 of the shrimp to eat for tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment