Thursday, September 23, 2010

More treasures and memories

On to round 2 of finding wonderful treasures!  This time I really hit the jackpot, especially for sorority stuff.  Which I feel I have outgrown, but just can't part with yet.  I found my diamond board, family tree, letter box, stool, and large bucket....all in blue and white and ADPi all over it haha.  Takes me back to the days...... But the treasures I have to show you today are more sentimental than just silly.

<---- Anyways, first on the list of sentimental things I have found is my certificate of baptism.  I remember the day I was baptized at Kingfisher First Baptist Church in 1996....

It's tradition at Kingfisher FBC to give the seniors ---->
involved in youth choir to receive a Hymnal.  I found this in my nightstand.  



<---I also found this journal that I kept during college....It was really funny to go back and read.  But sorry not spilling any of my top secrets on here :)  

This picture was taken in 2003 when --->
 we were on a mission trip in New Orleans.   We had been painting this house behind us, then managed to get into a paint fight and then it of course started raining, so we played in the rain.  Good times.  

<---Another picture in New Orleans.  Yet another paint fight ha.  I remember that trip like it was yesterday.  We helped paint and repair this elderly womans house half of the time we were there.  She was the sweetest woman.  The other half of the trip we went around to places and sang (we were a youth choir). Then of course we did some sight-seeing to the French Quarter (where we got into a powdered sugar fight from the beignets.  Little bites of heaven as I call them :) 



Today is the big move day.  But I'm sure I'll still be able to find many more treasures as I still have lots of packing to do haha.  

No comments:

Post a Comment