Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Moving!

Let me give a back story here real quick.  Ricky and I knew we would need a bigger apartment to live in once we got married and we had already picked the place.  Plan A was he would get home move into the new apartment and I would move my stuff over when my lease ran out April 15th.  Then....I discovered my lease ran out March 31st, and while I could have just paid extra for one more month, I didn't want to spend that much money, nor did I want to live there any longer.  So Plan B was Ricky would get home and help me move out the 31st.  But that didn't pan out either so we ended up with Plan C that acutally went through. 

Man it's been a crazy week!  I was originally supposed to move all my stuff to Ricky and I's new apartment on March 31st (which was also the day I had to be out of my old apartment).  Plan C began when Ricky called and said it would be the 30th or 31st before he made it home, so I had to switch things around.

So I ended up moving this last weekend.  Thankfully the week before my amazing mother came to stay with me a few days and help me pack.  She's super amazing and so helpful!
End of Day 1 of packing
End of Day 2 packing
End of Day 3 packing
Thankfully I didn't have to live in the mountain of boxes long.  On Friday after work I was able to go get the new keys to our apartment since the movers were coming bright and early Saturday morning.
New keys!!!!
Almost done moving stuff out!
All the items left in my old apartment.
Brand new apartment :) Nice and clean.  
I'll post some after pictures once things get settled, right now most of the boxes are in the spare bedroom so it's not too cluttered and out of sight until we get time to go through them.  But first, I need to get my man home! Once he gets home I'm staying with my wonderful friend Kara until after the wedding.  She's letting me crash  live in her spare room :)

Only a couple more days till he's home!

1 comment:

  1. how exciting!! and way to be flexible with plan a, b, c!

    ReplyDelete