Sunday, April 3, 2011

Ricky and I's Engagement

Finally, the blog post you have ALL been waiting for!  It's been a whirlwind of a week so I'm just now getting a chance to sit down and put into my own words just how amazing it has been.  I should have wrote this while he was here because I'm already crying just thinking about it and him and how much I miss him.  But here goes.

Ricky got on a bus Thursday morning at 6 AM at Camp Shelby in Mississippi and drove all day to get to Claremore.  He finally got there about 7:30 that evening and I drove up there to pick him up.  That evening we just went home and relaxed.  We knew we had a busy four days ahead of us (I just didn't know quite how busy yet).

Friday morning I headed off to work while Ricky left to run a bunch of errands.  He just wouldn't tell me what all the errands were.  See I already knew he had some surprises for me that evening, I just wasn't expecting all that he had in store.  All Ricky told me was to be ready by 6:30 and that was when the limo was coming.  So we got ready and the limo arrived and let me tell you I have never ridden in something so fancy! (That just sounded totally small town hick haha) We climbed into the limo and inside was a bouquet of orange lilies and roses and also a long box (These were for our anniversary).  As the driver headed to the Melting Pot for dinner I opened the box and inside was a beautiful bracelet.  We also enjoyed some champagne that he had put in there.  Once we got into the restaurant and were seated, there was another bouquet of spring mix flowers at the table (These were for my birthday) We enjoyed our wonderful dinner and after the last course the waitress brought out another plate with strawberries shaped as a heart and in the middle it said "I Love you" and had a small box next to it.  At this point my heart was pounding because I thought it was the ring and I had told Ricky that I didn't want a cheesy engagement haha.  So he opens the box and says, "Are you ready?!" I nervously replied , "umm, yes'".  So he opening it and inside was a pair of diamond earrings.  He said my face was priceless, it went from total excitement to a little mad. hahaha If you don't know Ricky very well you don't know how he loves surprises and if he thinks you are on to something he will do things to totally throw you off.  He was doing a very good job at this point.  See I didn't know a proposal was coming, I was really hoping he would but I had no concrete hints to tell me it was really happening.

The re-enactment
So after dinner we walk out of the restaurant (it was freezing by the way) and he was just like, "Let's go walk around".  I was like ok and he seemed to be on a mission haha.  So we walked a little ways down the walk there at the Riverwalk and then he stopped and told me to put the flowers down (the ones from the restaurant).  So I sat them down and he gets on one knee and says, "Jessica, I have wanted to ask you this for quite some time.  Will you marry me?"  Or it went something like that, I was freaking out a little (in a good way of course).  I think I said yes before he could even get all of the words out.  Then I started crying and I could see flash photography going off all around us.  After much hugging and crying (from my part) and kissing, Ricky turned around and goes, "There's Shane.  He's been taking pictures." But Shane didn't get really good pictures in action so we re-enacted it.  Following more pictures we climbed back into the limo and Ricky was talking to the driver.  I knew we were headed somewhere else but didn't know where.  And really I didn't care. I had this gorgeous ring on my finger and the man of my dreams next to me.  So I was furiously texting all these people and well just starring at my ring haha.  We finally pulled up to Dave and Busters and Ricky said "We are waiting on Shane to come in and take more pictures.  So he came in and took some more and then we headed inside.  I didn't know what we were doing there and really I didn't care.  I was on cloud 9.  We head inside and there is a whole room of all the people I love.  It was a surprise engagement party!!!  The most shocking of all was that my parents were there!  I lost it when I saw my mom, I had talked to her about 4 times that day and had NO idea they were on their way to Tulsa to surprise me.  Everyone had known he was going to propose like a month before it even happened.  After mingling with everyone for awhile a bunch of us climbed into the limo and took it for a joyride.
Newly engaged couple!!

My evening was wonderful and I couldn't have imagined a better, more romantic engagement.  The next day we spend the whole time with his and my parents.  My parents were staying the weekend with them.  Ricky and I were already talking wedding stuff.  We had a lot to figure out in the next three days.  So we talked dates and I even called a few venues to see if we could come by Monday to look around.

Monday we took engagement pictures (Ricky and his mom had already set this up) which turned out great!  We also drove around to four different venues and I think we have picked one.  My parents are coming up next weekend so we are going to look at it and hopefully we can book it!!!

My beautiful ring :)
Ricky ended up getting to stay a couple extra days, well in the evenings at least.  So we just spent that time together and I took him back to Claremore Friday morning.  Not knowing when I'll see him again.  But at least I have a wedding to keep me busy :)

This has turned into a REALLY long blog and I could say SOOOO much more.  But I'll stop here for now.  I'll keep you updated with planning and how I'm managing life without Ricky for now.  Thanks all for reading!!!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations, Jessica. Ricky is definitely a romantic. I wish the two of you a happy and long life together.

    ReplyDelete