Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Donut of Misery

Happy Late Birthday to me!  Yesterday I turned the big 2-6! Shocking I know haha.  I had a pretty low-key day, went to work then had a wonderful dinner with some friends.  I had a big celebration a few weeks ago when Ricky was here :)  


Today I am here to talk about the Donut of Misery.  What the heck is that you may ask? It is essentially a countdown of a soldiers return.  But due to OPSEC rules (See rules here) this is a way I can share how long I have.  I'll be putting these up periodically, but I just wanted to introduce it to you.  




The darker color is what is complete and the light is the length we have to go.  There are TONS of military spouses and families out there that use these.  It's just something to physically show us how long or short we have to go.  As you can tell, we are just getting started.  It also changes based on return dates.  I have a temporary date on there and that's what the graph is based on.  

I want to be 100% honest on my blog here, mainly because I want to be able to look back and remember what I was going through at that certain moment in time.  So the last week has been tough, I was getting so used to him being here all the time and seeing him when I got to my apartment after work.  I do pretty good at holding it together during the day, but I've cried myself to sleep just about every night.  Just out of sheer loneliness and the overwhelming thought of how long I will have to go until I can see him again.  A lot of articles I've read about deployment say you really go through all of the stages of grief.  There is a really good article about it Here.  


But I know "this too shall pass" and "he'll be back before I know it" and "you will both be stronger".....it's just so hard.  


Anyways, enough of the sad post.  I'll put up more Donuts of Misery as time goes along.  



1 comment:

  1. One of my best friend's husband is about to be deployed and she is going through a lot just knowing that it's coming. I can only imagine what the seperation must be like, but I like the donut of misery. It's so appropriately named.

    ReplyDelete