Friday, April 15, 2011

Wedding Planning!

I've been in full swing wedding planning mode for the last two weeks.  Tearing out pictures in magazines, getting recommendations from people on vendors, and trying to book a couple of key elements.  Picking the venue was pretty simple, the second Ricky and I walked into the door it just clicked.  And the more we learned about the place the more we loved it.  Picking the DJ was pretty simple too, we received TONS of recommendations for one particular DJ in town so we are going straight for them.
Color scheme I'm looking at

Love yellow shoes :)
And now to the photographer.....this has by far been the hardest decision of the wedding planning so far.  By searching the internet, bridal magazines, and friends favorites I started out with about 10 different photographers.   Yes, 10! So what did I do? What I do best, made a list of all the things they offered to compare/contrast them.  This didn't happen until the initial cut of those that were just way out of my price range.  Which narrowed it down to the top 5.  (I feel like I'm having my own April Madness Tournament here)  So after coming up with the Top 5, I made the chart.  Sent a few more emails, asked more questions. And with that I had already cut out one and a half (only because I still like the 1/2 one but he just doesn't offer as much for the price as the others).  So now I was down to three, then I got another recommendation and poof, they were added to the list because they are so awesome!  So now I have the final 4 and the next round includes interviews.  But two of them are in OKC so I'm going to have to find a time to go down there soon.  Other than that dilemma, I've just been looking for ideas on centerpieces, cakes, dresses, and all the other fun stuff.

I have TONS more pictures of ideas, but I can't spoil all the excitement :)  I'm getting married to my best friend!!!!!

1 comment: