Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Bedlam Weight Loss Challenge - TurboFire Day 1



I realize I still have yet to post about wedding & honeymoon events.  And I'll get there.  But first, I wanted to make note of our first marital challenge.  On the last day of our honeymoon (while lounging in the pool with the swim up bar and downing mixed drinks and Red Stripe), Ricky and I came up with a weight loss challenge.  We had both put some weight on since he got home from Afghanistan and we were ready to get healthy.

So here's what we came up with.  Whoever loses the most percentage of weight loss (to make it fair) by September 1st gets to chose the losers outfit to a football game this fall.  For those that don't know, I am a huge Oklahoma State fan (Go Cowboys!), while Ricky is a huge OU fan.  While we have gotten better about the smack talk, there will always be that rivalry.  So what better motivation that to get the other to wear our favorite colors.  The only exclusions are the actual Bedlam Football game and OU/Texas.

So if I win, he's going to be deck out in orange all over, and if he wins then I will most definitely be wearing crimson and cream (yuck!).  We both dislike each others colors so much neither one of us wants to lose!  So this is a great motivation!

So how is it going?  Well he is winning....we have had two weigh ins and him being a man with his easy weight loss efforts means he can lose weight much faster than I can.  I learned quickly that he can still drink beer, eat a whole pizza, nachos, chicken pot pie and still lose 3 pounds in a week.  So I decided last week that I needed to step it up. So that led me to TURBOFIRE! 
It wasn't a rash decision.  I had been looking at it for quite some time.  It looked so fun with it's kickboxing type workouts!  So I pulled the trigger, and shelled over the money for it.  

I finally got it in the mail yesterday and this morning I got up bright and early and did my very first TurboFire workout.  It was already pretty intense.  I burned 450 calories with the Starter workout and 10 minutes of stretching.  I can't wait to dive deeper and work even harder.  
Here I am, 6:15 AM, no makeup, sweaty and just complete Day 1
On top of the new workouts, I'm still going to do a couple days of Bootcamp (that I have been a member of since last August) and try to eat clean.  I believe my eating is the biggest problem I have.  I know what to eat, I just don't stick to it.  I tell myself I "deserve" that piece of cake or that whole basket of tortilla chips or that tall beer.  Why would I deserve that? I didn't do anything special.  So I'm going to have to work on that and start rewarding myself with something besides food.  

I had really thought about starting video blogs to keep myself accountable but haven't decided yet.  Until next time.....


2 comments:

  1. i like it! a little competition keeps it fun and exciting! I will be thinking of one for my husband and me! :) I'd root for you but I don't know about making a Sooner wear nasty orange! :)
    I have the TurboFire 20 minute video. It is fun! Maybe eventually I'll purchase the whole set. How much was it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The challenge is keeping us both motivated! I signed up for the Challenge Pack which included the TurboFire set and a month of Shakeology. It was $220 with tax and everything. I believe just the TurboFire is about $120.

      Delete