Tuesday, October 18, 2011

R&R Homecoming!!! (video included)

Ricky was supposed to leave for his R&R on a Friday, but then he kept getting delayed so he didn't get out of there until Saturday.  So was waiting on pins and needles to see what day he would arrive.  So he sent me a facebook message Monday morning saying it would be Tuesday sometime in the afternoon/evening.  I was sooo thrilled! Then about 4 hours later he sent another message saying he had his ticket to Tulsa in hand!  The entire next day was a blur, I couldn't sit still. 

I arrived at the airport about 45 minutes before his flight was supposed to land just because I couldn't sit at home anymore.  I literally paced the floor for about 15 minutes until I made myself sit down haha.  His family started showing up and I was up and pacing again checking the flight board.  Then before I knew it, his flight had arrived!  I waited by the gate and I finally spotted his face!! He came through the gate and I was standing right there and gave him a big 'ole hug and kiss :) Then the rest was history.  Lots of pictures and hugs.  Below are just a hint of the day :)  
Little Presley decked out in his camo! What a cutie!
Me patiently waiting for him to come through that glass door!
More waiting.....
The sign for him!
He's here!!!!! First embrace :) 
First kiss after 4 months :)
Picture time!
Ellie Kate and I
Family Picture

Leaving the airport :)

Siblings
First time driving a civilian car! 
I'll update more later on all the fun we've been having but for now enjoy this video of our homecoming :)

1 comment: