Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Weekly Grocery Shopping

Hello readers!!!

It's been about 3 weeks since Ricky has been gone and I'm finally getting back into my routine.  I have been attending this amazing bootcamp called Fit Body Boot Camp.  It is seriously amazing!  Everyday is a completely different workout.  Some days are full out cardio, some focus on arms or abs or lower body.  This way you never get bored! On top of all these wonderful workouts, the owner, Stephanie, serves as your personal trainer and takes your measurements once a month and will help you with your nutrition.  Today I met with her to set down and talk about some great fat burning meals.

So thanks so this meeting (and today being payday), I made a much needed trip to the grocery store.  While there I found some great new finds that I'm really excited to try out (thanks to the advise of my Stephanie).
I always have trouble with salad dressing, so she suggested this Maple Grove brand.  I put it on my salad tonight and it was very very good!

Greek yogurt with truvia.  I've tried Greek yogurt before but have only had flavored varieties.  So I'm going to try the plain (has much less sugar) and just add a packet of Truvia. 

Pure Almond Unsweetened Milk.  I've been drinking this for a couple months now.  It's lower calories than even skim/fat free milk, plus it has more calcium.  Try it! 

All that being said, this was my dinner tonight.  Fresh  grilled chicken, romaine lettuce with shredded carrots and the dressing, and then roasted green beans.

For the green beans (my current favorite) pre-heat the oven to 375 and toss the green beans in about 2 tsp of olive oil and then sprinkle with garlic salt.  Bake for 20 minutes.  Delicious!!!!
 On top of finding healthy options, I've also been trying my best to save as much money as possible.  So tonight I loaded up on the coupons (for what I needed) and walked out saving 10% of my grocery purchase and 24% of my toiletries! On top of the coupons, I looked for in-store savings.  Buying "store-brand" items is another way I save money.  So tonight I saved $15!!! I sure love those savings.

No comments:

Post a Comment