Thursday, November 3, 2011

Financial Peace University

My church started a class this fall called Financial Peace University by Dave Ramsey.  Taking this class was one of the best decisions I have ever made.  I wanted to learn more about money and how to manage it, for myself and for Ricky and I's future marriage.  Really, YOU should take this class if you haven't.  He has baby steps, and baby step #1 is to save up $1000 for an emergency fund, that is to be used only for EMERGENCIES.  So since I had baby step #1 taken care of, I made a really bold move. I cut up both of my credit cards!  Yep cut them in half! I was tired of feeling controlled by them and using them as a crutch.  So here's the proof, plus Ricky was there as my witness :)





tadaaaaaaa!!!
I actually feel so much better! Please don't go out and cut up all your credit cards unless you have saved up an emergency fund and have an established budget.  I would hate to be the reason anyone had money issues because of me.  I'm just simply sharing this huge step in my life :)

No comments:

Post a Comment