Friday, November 18, 2011

Protein Pumpkin Pancakes

I decided to be adventurous this week and try these protein packed pancakes.

Nutritional Infomation:
Serving Size: 2 pancakes
Servings: not completely sure, a lot 

Calories: 255
Fat: 15g
Carbs: 11g
Fiber: 5g
Protein 19 g


Ingredients:

  • 4 large eggs
  • 3/4 cup egg whites
  • 1 can of pumpkin
  • 1 cup almond meal (I used whole wheat flour instead)
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • dash of nutmeg
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • cooking spray

Method:

1.  In a medium bowl, mix all of the ingredients together.
2. Heat pancake griddle to medium heat and coat with cooking spray.
3. Cook each side about 3 minutes until brown, then flip and cook remaining side


These were....alright.  I loved the pumpkin flavor in them, but the consistency was a bit too thick for me.  It made me really just want some real pancakes.  So maybe I'll experiment with these a bit to make them more fluffy.  

No comments:

Post a Comment