Thursday, October 7, 2010

Tribute to the house on 55th

I have been meaning to do this post for a week now, but I've been super busy so I'm just now getting around to it. Since I have recently moved, I wanted to give a tribute to the amazing house on 55th where I had so many memories....

Me and my amazing friend Megan moved into this house 2 years ago.  And these are just a few highlights of how much fun we had.....

This picture is from the first weekend we were both in the house.  We invited a few of our friends over to watch the OSU vs. Texas game on TV (with Megan playing the fight song on her computer everytime we scored).  It also happened to be the premier weekend of High School Musical 3 (don't judge).  So of course we had to celebrate that as well.  So here we are with our awesome HSM3 plates about to eat the cake we make for the occasion.....


<--- Halloween came around and of course we had to carve pumpkins.  Here me and Megan are fighting with the little plastic carving sticks.....i won :)
Here we are carving  our pumpkins in the kitchen  ---->


Christmas '08 came around and Megan and I are both huge Christmas lovers, there we had two trees......but when I pulled mine out of storage it was missing a leg :( So we had to improvise....

We also had a Christmas Part that year where me and Megan made all sorts of good food.  (see below)


Another memorable moment was the night we went to Wal-Mart at midnight to get the Twilight DVD....yep we were those people....
<-----Halloween of '09 included a costume party at the house which was oh so entertaining.  This wasn't Betty's costume, there is just a lot of history in this awesome piano dress...... (you're welcome betty)

Excellent time! --->


The last memory I'm going to share is the night we slept through the TORNADO! (ok ok some say it was just really strong wind and other say it was a F2)....I don't really care what it was, I do know that it was poweful enough to blow over these trees that were 3' in diameter and had been there a VERY long time.  
We woke up because we thought we heard something, were just kind of standing in the living room when suddenly the sirens went off.   If you have ever wondered how long it takes Megan to get a mattress off the bed and into the bathroom, it's about 5 seconds people.  At that point we looked outside and these trees were already blown over.  The storm had already passed and we slept right through it.  





There are of course soooo many more memories from the house, like the rabbit population the called 55th St. (our whole city mile really) it's home, Glee nights!, the crazy dreams I would have and had to immediately tell Megan about when she woke up in the morning, and the night Megan hadn't been asleep for about 2 days and we started watching Big Bang Theory and she made it to the theme song "BANG!" and then proceeded to pass out.  Good times, Good time......

Even though there were so many good things about living here, there are also a couple things that I won't miss......1.  Mowing the lawn  2.  The annoying yappy dog next door that liked to make sure everyone new it was time to wake up in the morning.  And finally 3.  well....that's it, there is nothing else.  So the pros outweigh the cons.  I will miss you house on 55th......

1 comment:

  1. There were good times in that house. I remember the watch party, the pumpkin carving, the Christmas party and the costume party. I guess all of these things will just have to occur at my house! Hope youre getting settled in your new place!

    ReplyDelete