Monday, December 12, 2011

Baked Zucchini Chips

Do you love crunchy flavored things but are trying to watch your carb and fat intake? Give these a try! I found this wonderful little recipe on Pinterest and remembered I had a zucchini in my fridge that I needed to cook, so I decided to give this recipe a whirl.  They really met my expectations, of course they don't taste like potato chips, but they are still really good.  


Next time I would leave them in the oven a bit longer to make them even crunchier.  


Ingredients:

  • 3 Zucchinis, rinsed
  • 1/4 cup Parmesan, shredded
  • 1/2 cup Bread Crumbs
  • 1 tsp. Garlic Powder
  • 1 tsp. Onion Powder
  • 1 tsp. Dried Parsley
  • 1 tsp. Black Pepper
  • 1/2 tsp. Paprika
  • 2 Egg Whites

Method:

1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees
2.  Slice zucchini as thinly and uniform as possible
3.  Place on a paper towel for at least 10 minutes to let excess moisture drain. 
4.  Mix together all the dry ingredients. 
5.  In a bowl whisk the egg whites until frothy.
6.  Place the zucchini in the egg mixture, then coat in the bread crumb mixture.
7.  Place on a baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes.
8.  Pull out the baking sheet and flip over the zucchini chips.
9.  Return to the oven for another 7 minutes. 




No comments:

Post a Comment