Friday, February 4, 2011

Snow Week!!

Snowstorm 2011
Happy Snow Week to most of the U.S.!!!  This week a huge snow storm hit a lot of areas including Tulsa.  We got a record amount of snowfall....14 inches!!!  Thats huge for Oklahoma!

The storm came in Monday night, with some freezing rain first then the snow started sometime in the middle of the night.  These weren't just little flakes, these were huge flakes! And they came down fast, it only took about 12 hours to get the 14 inches.  So with being off work for two days, I wasn't quite sure what to do with myself.  So we played in the snow a bit, ate lots of food, played some Wii Monopoly, and chilled by the fireplace.

Here are some pics of the last couple of days: 
Ricky prepared to shovel some snow
Playing out in it
My apartment complex
Of course the snow just started falling again today, they are estimating a couple more inches...lovely.  I could probably get my car out of the spot at my complex, but who really wants to drive in this stuff if you don't have 4-wheel drive?? Not me, that's for sure.  The good news is I just remembered today that my apartment complex has a gym!  So maybe I can work off all this junk food I've been eating the last couple of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment