Tuesday, November 23, 2010

And then I ran 13.1 miles.....Again....

This past weekend was a whirlwind, that's for sure.  It all started Thursday night where I had a much needed girls night.  Nothing makes girls night better than mexican food and a chick flick haha.
Me and Megan getting ready to enjoy HP 7

Friday night we went to see Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1!!!  It was so incredible!  I can't wait for the final part to come out next summer.




Saturday was such a whirlwind.  I had a coupon to one of my all time favorite clothing stores, and I just couldn't resist using it, so I went and bought quite a few things and because of all the sales and coupons, I saved $130! I got a few other things finished and made it back home to finish watching my Cowboys beat Kansas.  After a much needed nap I headed over to a friends house that was hosting a birthday party for Megan!  It was of course a Harry Potter themed party :)

Sunday started off early as we headed to Veterans Park in Tulsa to run a ridiculous amount of miles.  Ricky was gearing up to run 26.2 miles while Bryan and I were mentally preparing ourselves for 13.1.  I personally had a really tough time with this one, even though this was the third half marathon I had ran.  But I still managed to finish!

The thing with the pop is that Bryan and I decided to give up pop until the race, so for 5 months neither of us drank any type of soda.....it was so tough, so of course Megan has us some at the finish line :)
First pop in 5 months
Ricky did fantastic for his first marathon!  I'm so proud of him and not sure I could ever do that.  He wanted to take a picture like some of the Olympians do haha.  

To top off the weekend, Amy, Megan, and I went to see Wicked Sunday night.  This was my 4th time to see it and it was just as good as the first time.  And of course I still cried even though I knew exactly what happened.  I LOVE Wicked!!!!

That concludes this eventful weekend, next up....BEDLAM!!!  Go Cowboys!!!  

ORANGE POWER!

No comments:

Post a Comment