Monday, August 16, 2010

Branson trip

This weekend me and Ricky went on a trip to Branson with Shane and Jennifer.  It was fun with the exception that our AC in the condo didn't work.  Meaning the first night we got to sleep in a hotel that wasn't exactly 5 stars....but it was better than nothing I suppose.  But they temporarily fixed it and we got to spend the rest of the weekend in the condo.

While in Branson we got to go to the Dixie Stampede.  I haven't been since I was maybe 12 and had forgotten how cool it was.  You eat all this food with your hands, chicken, potato, corn, bisquit (my fav!) and soup.  Soooo much food, but it was tasty.

<-----Shane and Jennifer with their Dixie Stampede souvenir boot mugs.

We didn't do much else exciting, the traffic was terrible there though.  Apparently it was the busiest weekend in Branson because they were having this car show.  So it took us a long time to get anywhere.

Ricky and I with our souvenir mugs ------>

So all in all, it was a good weekend.  Hopefully next time we go back we won't have any unfortunate mishaps.  

On the weight loss journey, I gained .4 this week which is incredible seeing as how much I snacked this weekend.  Went to the grocery store last night and picked up all kinds of fruit and veggies and can't wait to pick up my running mileage this week.  

Until next time!......

No comments:

Post a Comment